You can email Mrs. Champagne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for World History (Standard and Honors)
AP World History
Here is a copy of the Course Outline .
Below you will find some Links to help you on your journey.
Unit 6 Assignments
- March 14/15 – World War I homework due
- March 16/19 – World War I as a Global Conflict homework
- March 20/21 – The Russian Revolution homework
- March 22/23 – Chinese and Mexican Revolutions homework
- Extra credit worksheets (online video assignment)
- March 26/27 – Post WWI Colonial Nationalist Movements homework due
- March 28/29 – Global Great Depression homework
- March 30/April 10th – World War II homework
- April 12/13 – Test on World War I thru World War II
- April 16/17 – Early Cold War and Decolonization
- April 18/19 – Proxy Wars of the Cold War Era
- April 20/23 – Mao’s China and Beyond (in pdf format) homework due.
April24/25 – 20th Century Decolonization of Africa homework
April 26/27 – Decolonization and Change in North Africa and the Middle East homework
April 30/May 1 – Latin America: Revolution and Reaction into the 21st Century homework. We will write a CCOT essay in class so make sure you bring the homeworks you have done since the last test.
May 2/3 – End of the Cold War and other developments in Europe at the end of the 20th Century
Vocabulary review sheet for Units 1 – 3, Units 4 – 6
May 18 and 21st – AP Review Unit due
One Note Project due May 30 (A day) and May 31st (B day)
For those of you going on to APUS next year, best wishes! Come see me for your summer assignment.
Unit 5 Assignments
- January 27/30 - Homework on Asian Transitions
- January 31/Feb 1 – The Enlightenment
- February 2/3 – The French Revolution
- February 6/7 – Latin American Revolutions
- February 10/13 – Test on material we’ve studied so far. Review sheet available
- February 14/15 – Industrial Revolution questions, Wood reading (PDF) on Industrialization
- February 16/17 – Reforming the Industrial world questions, reading found at “Digital History” (first four paragraphs of the article)
- February 21/22 – Imperialism in Africa and India homework
- February 23/24 - Imperialism in Asia homework, Wood reading to accompany the first question
- February 27/28 – Latin America After Independence homework due
- March 2/5 – We are writing a DBQ in class. Please see me for the article you should read to help you prepare.
- March 6/7 – Russia: Industrialization Outside the West homework due
- March 8/9 – Homework on the Ottoman Empire
- March 8 – After school review session for our Unit 5 test. Review topics
- March 12/13 – Unit 5 Multiple Choice test
Unit 4 Assignments
- December 12 – Thinking maps on the Classical Roots of the Renaissance due
- December 14 – Chapter 15 The West and Changing the Balance of World Power
- December 16 – Unit 4 The Creation of a Global Economy
- December 20 – Unit 4 Global Impact of New World Migrations (Reading to accompany assignment here!)
- December 22 – Unit 4 Chapter 17 Political, Social and Cultural Transformation of the West
- January 3 – Unit 4 Chapter 18 The Rise of Russia
- January 5 and 10 – A comparison of Muslim Empires (Chapter 21)
- January 12 - Mid-term exam review guide
Unit 3 Assignments
- October 11 - Unit 3 Homework 1 – The Birth of a New Religion (see me for this assignment, hard copy only)
- October 13 - Unit 3 Homework 2 – The First Arab Empires and the Role of Women
- October 17 – Unit 3 Homework 3 – Unit 3 Homework 3 Dar al Islam comparison chart You will some readings from me for this one!
- October 19 – Unit 3 Homework 4 – Unit 3 Homework 4 The spread of Islam into Africa
- October 26 - Summative Assessment on Chapters 6, 7 and 8. SPICE Portfolio due on this date as well as homework turn-in.
- Are you looking for a PDF version of the Course Guide? Check this out!
- October 28 - Unit 3 Homework 5 The rise and decline of the Byzantine Empire. The Chapter 9 ppt is up on Edmodo. If you need to join our group, see the Sept 8th posting below.
- November 1 - Unit 3 Homework 6 The spread of civilization into Eastern Europe
- November 3 - Unit 3 Homework 7 (Chapter 10 on Western Europe and the Middle Ages)
- November 7 – Unit 3 Homework 8 (Chapter 10, the second part)
- November 9 – Read over the Christian and Muslim Attitudes Towards Trade DBQ. You are going to write this DBQ in class. Actively read, making notes, thinking of the categories you will employ to answer the question, point-of-view and the additional document.
- November 11 – Test on Chapters 9 and 10. I am having an afterschool review session on Thursday, November 10th!
- November 15 – Unit 3 Homework 9 Part 1 (Chapter 11, part 1 – The Aztecs, part 2 – The Incas is due on November 17th)
- November 28 – Sui, Tang and Song China homework due (Chapter 12)
- November 30 – Japan, Korea and Vietnam Sinification Chart
- December 2 – Chapter 14 Part 1 Last Great Nomadic Challenges: From Chinggis Khan to Timur (This download includes Part 2 which is due on Tuesday Dec 6)
- December 6 – Last day to complete buy backs
- December 7 – Review session after school
- December 8 – Test on Chapters 11 – 14. (Includes comparison essay)
- Check out this really cool link with pictures of the Hajj (2008) and a celebration of the Muslim holiday Eid al Adha
Unit 2 Assignments
Sept 14 – Rise of Classical Religions (Part 1) with a focus on Confucianism, Daoism and Hinduism. The presentation I used on Hinduism can be found at http://www.slideshare.net/gsill/the-rise-of-popular-hinduism-presentation-815827 (you only need to review the portion prior to The Rise of Popular Hindusim). For Classical China, seehttp://www.pptpalooza.net/PPTs/GlobalStudies/Confucianism-Legalism-Taoism.ppt
Sept 19 – Religions homework questions for Day 2 with a focus on Buddhism, Christianity and how the old religions respond
Sept 22 – Rise of Classical Civilizations in China and India homework due
Sept 26 – Rise of Classical Civilizations in Greece and Rome homework due
Oct 3 – Homework: Chapter 5 Part 1 Homework 2011 Last day to stay after for re-do of Unit 1 test
Oct 5 – The impact of the Trans-Sahara, Indian Ocean and Silk Trade routes on technology and culture (home work assignment)
- NOTE: Some of you have been requesting a Study Guide for Friday’s unit test. I suggest you check out Ms. Pugh’s Foundations Cram Packet. The first few pages are about the River Civs (Unit 1 stuff), but the rest is on the Classical Civilizations and it is quite good!
- Oct 7 – Unit 2 Test (Unit 2 SPICE portfolio due this day)
Unit 1 Assignments
- Aug 26 - Course outline signed, Summer Assignment in Cornell notes method; Course pretest and Regions of the worl in class
- Sept 1: Early Migrations and the Neolithic Revolution (Cool link on the Lascaux Caves)
- Sept 6: Due: Homework reading on “The Idea of Civilization?”; in class: comparison and readings from ancient civilizations
- Sep 8: Early religions comparison and unit wrap up. Today I uploaded my Ancient Religions power point to Edmodo. I have made this a public page so you should be able to see it at http://www.edmodo.com/public/srhs-ap-world/group_id/9783 Also, I have created a group called “SRHS AP World” and the group code if you want to sign up is “yzk226″ Let me know by email if you have any questions (see above). Thank you 2A for your suggestion!
- Sep 12: Unit 1 Assessment and the Summer Assignment (493 KB) collection. Here are some focus questions and vocabulary for the later part of the chapter to help you study.
- Quizlet – Check out my APWH flashcards at http://quizlet.com/group/52036/ (There are cards up until Chapter 12 of Sterns)
- Our Text Book- http://wps.ablongman.com/long_stearns_wcap_4/0,8810,1190707-,00.html (an outline of a slightly older edition of our text)
- AP Central – http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/about.html
- AP World History (Mr. Burnett) APWH Terms, Chapter Outlines
- Bridging World History – http://www.learner.org/courses/worldhistory/
- Cracking the AP World History Exam, 2012 Edition (College Test Preparation)
- You can borrow your older brother or sister’s book but I suggest you get the newest edition as there have been changes to the course and the exam
- Comparative World Religions – http://www.religionfacts.com/
- HyperHistory Online – http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/History_n2/a.html This web site is complex but a lot of fun. One of my favorite things to do is to check out the thematic timelines.
- Internet History Sourcebooks Project – http://www.fordham.edu/Halsall/index.asp Primary sources galore; I have been a big fan on this site since 1996!
- MacroHistory and World Report – http://www.fsmitha.com/index.html
- MapMaker Interactive – http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/mapping/interactive-map/ From National Geographic, you can build and customize maps upon many of our world history themes.
- Study Skills Assessment – http://www.wwcc.edu/cbc/success/assess.cfm
- World Civilizations: The Global Experience – http://www.myhistorylab.com You need to register for our course to access this site. Email me if you need help.
- World History for Us All – http://worldhistoryforusall.sdsu.edu/ I will be using a lot of resources from this incredible web site. Check out the history of the world in seven minutes! Student will enjoy the way this site connects specific facts to larger themes in world history.
World History (Standard – A day; Honors – B Day):
Course Information: —–Here is the syllabus for the course.
Assignment due dates:
- January 27 - Population Growth chart
- January 30 - The Reform Movement Spreads
- February 1 - The Reform Movement Spreads
- February 2 & 3 – Quiz on Reforming the Industrial World and World History Pretest
Links for World History:
- HyperHistory Online - This web site presents history as a huge timeline that you can view themeatically and by region.
Answers to Review Questions dealing with Migrations
2007 Migration Questions
2. D, 3. A, 10. B, 13. C, 17. E, 20. B, 21. D, 22. D, 25. A, 29. B, 36. E, 40. E, 45. E, 55. B, 37. D, 57. D, 60. E, 70. C
2002 Migration Questions
15. B, 16. C, 17. A, 25. E, 38. C, 37. C, 57. B, 62. E, 63. C, 55. E, 64. D
Practice Migration Questions
7. E, 10. C, 18. A, 27. C, 34. C, 35. E, 36. D, 40. E, 49. A, 56. A
Answers to Review Questions dealing with Women and Children
Practice Test Questions: 5. D, 25. D, 44. A, 58. C, 62. D, 68. B
2002 Practice Test Questions: 3. E, 10. A, 26. A, 36. E, 41. D, 61. C
2007 Practice Test Questions: 26. A, 32. E, 42. A, 49. B, 38. B, 70. C, 61. C